Author Topic: Forum issues! 3.0.2 beta 1!  (Read 2869 times)

sirjuddington

Forum issues! 3.0.2 beta 1!
« on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:56 am »
So I hear some people have been having trouble registering over at the SLADE (mancubus.net) forums. Anyone who did (or does :P), please read this post. I'd like more people to use the proper SLADE forums as it's preferable for discussion/reporting over the wiki or threads in other, unrelated forums. Don't let the need to register scare you off :P

In other news, nearly all the new features I wanted for 3.0.2 are now implemented, so I figured a new beta release is in order. So yeah, try it out and report any bugs so they can be fixed for 3.0.2 final :)

What's new or changed? Well, this:
Code: [Select]
- Texture editor now supports ZDoom's enhanced TEXTURES format
- New 'Graphic' menu for gfx entries, with some basic gfx editing functions
- Typing the first few characters of an item to jump to it in lists has been re-implemented
- Added the ability to open entries in separate tabs
- Dumped Audiere as the sound/midi library in windows, and swapped to SFML-audio. Upsides are much better/faster audio support and audio support in linux (and mac). Downsides are no mp3 or module format support (though I'll look into adding these back at a later date)
- Fluidsynth is now used to preview MIDI in both windows and linux
- Many other bugfixes and small improvements

Before 3.0.2 final I still want to finish off some stuff with the TEXTURES editor, namely allowing textures to be used as patches, offsets previewing and copy+paste for textures. Hopefully proper lzma/bz2 compression support for zips will be done before then too. Once 3.0.2 final is done, I'll really get around to implementing the map editor, something I've been itching to do lately :P

As per usual, go to the downloads section to grab the beta, and get testing etc.