Well I figure it's about time I released a beta for SLADE 3.1.0. The Windows binaries are up at the download section. Note that it requires the MS VC++ 2012 runtimes to run.
As it is a beta release, expect some bugginess, and some things to not quite work right. So make backups and save often, all the usual common sense stuff.
If you happen to come across a bug, be sure to post it (and the stack trace if it was a crash) as an Issue
over at GitHub. Feature suggestions can be posted here as well, though for the most part I'm just looking for bugs to fix up at the moment.
As this is the first somewhat public release of the SLADE3 map editor, I'd like to hear some feedback on it - what works well, what doesn't, etc etc. I've done a few things a bit differently to what people might be used to from SLADE2 / Doom Builder. Eventually there will be more documentation up about it on the wiki, but for now I think it would be good to see if things are intuitive or not :P The map editor is not currently feature complete - if there's something that was in SLADE2 that isn't there yet, it's coming (eventually).
Apart from the map editor, there have been numerous changes to the rest of SLADE3 since 3.0.2. Below is a list of some of the bigger changes:
- Added ability to open maps with Doom Builder 2 (if it is installed)
- Added console commands to list/set cvars
- Keybinds are now configurable in the preferences dialog
- Added colour configuration to preferences dialog
- Removed the maps list from the open archives tab on the archive manager
- Merged the Archives and Recent Files tabs into one
- Implemented a custom toolbar, replacing the ugly wxAUI ones
- Implemented notebook tab art class from CodeLite, now tabs look a fair bit nicer, especially in linux
- New maintenance option: cleaning out entries that are identical duplicates of an IWAD lump
- Added new maintenance option: check for duplicated entry content with a CRC-32 check for each entry
- 'Replace In Maps' stuff
- Improved entry type detection speed
- Console command batches (run all commands contained in a file or a lump)
- Implemented basic undo/redo
- Added ability to export a texture to a single graphic entry
- Gfx offsets are preserved on import
- Added palette editing functionality
- If alt is held down when moving a patch with the arrow keys, a duplicate patch will be added and moved'
- Added ability to quickly jump to items in the patch browser by typing the first few letters of the patch name
- Added word wrapping checkbox to text entry panel
- In the gfx conversion dialog, the transparent colour can now be set by left-clicking on the current preview image
- Multiple entry name filters can now be entered (separated by commas) eg: "MAP01, MAP02"
- Implemented basic 'remove unused textures' and 'remove unused patches' actions
- Added mp3 and tracker module playback
- Changed the browser to use a proper font for item names
- Browser background changed to the checkered texture used in most other gfx views (optional)
- Added 'zoom' slider to the browser window
- Added ability to directly generate new PLAYPAL, ANIMATED and SWITCHES lumps instead of having to create an empty lump and then import content in it
- Texture editor: implemented support for "UseOffsets" property
- Added "Edit Level Script" button to MapEntryPanel and FraggleScript language
- Added playback of Wolfenstein digitized sounds (VSWAP)
- Added COLORMAP lump generation
- Various additions and improvements to texture editor for ZDoom TEXTURES format
- Added option to colour entry list item background by entry type
The list probably isn't complete, but hey, it's been over 2 years since the last release.