Author Topic: DDoS at 9:18pm  (Read 14847 times)

Manc

DDoS at 9:18pm
« on: August 07, 2004, 05:08:42 pm »
Last night MancuNET (or more specifically, Angus) was submitted to a distributed denial of service attack by an as-yet unkown individual or group.  I hardly expect the person or persons responsible to come forth, but I can't imagine who it could possibly be.

Doing this kind of stuff hurts me, yes, but it does so much more.  It knocked out web, ftp, irc, and other services that people besides myself rely on 24 hours a day.  THOSE people are the victims here.

In any case, we're back up and running just fine.  I apologize to those that unexpectedly found MancuNET down.
Network Administrator, and I smash robuts!

Manc

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 05:12:25 pm »
The following is from AlexMax.  Unfortunately phpbb does not have a merge threads option:

Quote from: AlexMax

I would just like to say that the script kiddie who was DDoSing the site last night is a gargantuan fagot. I've actually read up on how people DDoS and DoS servers, and it's not very hard to get your hands on the tools to do so. Most of the script kiddies don't even make their own scripts, they just borrow them (sometimes going so far as to search and replace the origional creator's name and replace it with their own) and then think they're hot stuff that they know how to bring down a server.

To the script kiddie: Get a life, get a real job (hell, if you actually learned a thing or two about comptuers, you might actually be able to make some money off of it, and assuming you can't legally get a job because of child labor laws you could at least pick up a book on programing or something), and quit pestering and annoying Mancubus.net. Mancubus II works hard to provide several cool projects with hosting, and the fact that you take advantage of other people's insecure boxes to cause downtime of it is simply sickening.

EDIT: If you are trying to make a statment about lack of security or lack of means to prevent a DoS, at least leave some contact information somewhere via a free email account, and tell Manc how his severs were done in and how he can prevent it next time. That's how respectable groups do business, and it's the least you can do after pissing someone off like this.

Manc

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 05:14:23 pm »
Heh, and now I can respond to the Edit part.  This attack did not debilitate my machines in any way.  It was a downstream flood attempt, preventing any traffic from moving.  Even removing all machines from the network, it still continued to flood.  Only by shutting the circuit down from the outside world to the CO for a while was it able to be stopped.

I actually found that no harm was done to my machines, and they were not attempting to exploit anything in particular (that I can tell).

AlexMax

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 01:36:36 pm »
It happened again this weekend?  Now what?

DD_133

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 06:25:11 pm »
I'd like to say that whomsoever did this, can rot in hell. Mancubus.net is a great place that is a true part of the doom community, not just skulltag. And like Alex said, Manc has put his blood and sweat into this site and server.

And to Manc, I hope you can find to ass that did this. If your machines were damaged I can't comprehend of the tremendous loss the downfall of manc.net would be to the doom community. :(

timmie

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 08:47:34 pm »
So that's what was going on.  Assholes =/

Manc

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 03:57:26 am »
There's still no full fledged proof that it was anything malicious.  It certainly appeared that way, but it's not for sure.  As for two days ago, that was a blowed up skulltag server, and unfortunately I was gone all weekend to knock it off.

delmetvmf

входные двер
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 09:52:04 am »
Привет господа!

ООО «Деловой металл» предлагает изготовленные на собственном оборудовании металлические (стальные) двери. Производство полностью ориентированно на Клиента — мы учитываем все рекомендации, чтобы результат не только соответствовал ожиданиям, но и превосходил их. Независимо от того, каким образом Вы сделали заказ, Вам предоставляется консультация специалиста и делается предварительный расчет стоимости.
1)металлические двери в минске -Можно заказать в нашей компании ООО «Деловой металл». Мы сформировали крупную организацию с четким направлением деятельности, заключающейся в изготовлении, реализации, установке металлических дверей.
2)установка входных дверей в минске - Имея широкий ассортимент продукции, мы составили каталог, чтобы облегчить такую сложную задачу, как выбор двери для дома, квартиры, общественного здания. Мы предлагаем вам только прочные, надежные металлоконструкции. Исходя из практики, многие клиенты подтвердят, что белорусские металлические входные двери Минске служат долго, без претензий в процессе эксплуатации.
3)стальные двери минск -Мы используем для производства новейшее оборудование. Такой подход дает возможность изготавливать высококачественные двери. Наличие своей технической базы является необходимым условием для процветания такого ответственного производства, как изготовление стальных дверей.
4)металлические двери под заказ минск - Мы заботимся о том, чтобы предоставляемый нами сервис был высокого уровня. В этом нам помогает наличие главного офиса, складов для готовой продукции, сети дилеров. Кроме того, мы дорожим своей репутацией и несем ответственность за качество каждой изготовленной единицы товара.
5)металлические двери - Качество нашей продукции прошло испытание и проверку временем.Приемлемые цены для наших заказчиков.
Мы будем рады Вас видеть у нас на интернет ресурсе НАЖМИТЕ ССЫЛКУ
От всей души Вам всех благ!
толстые стальные двери
закрепить входную дверь
металлические двери каталог
двери входные для частного дома цена
требуются двери
толстые металлические двери
входные двери минске белорусского
стальные двери с установкой
металлическая дверь размеры проема
входные уличные стальные двери