Author Topic: Better PNAMES manipulation.  (Read 931 times)

Better PNAMES manipulation.
« on: August 13, 2015, 06:10:09 pm »
Slade does not seem to have the ability to shift patch name indices around. TEXTUREx relies on the index of a patch defined in PNAMES, not the name of the patch itself. As a result, deleting a patch will throw off all textures using subsequent patches. Additionally, it's impossible to move a patch up or a down in the PNAMES list, for the same reason, which kind of makes organization difficult for larger projects.

It would be nice if affected texture entries could have their patch indices incremented or decremented when a patch is shifted. I understand it's not a high priority request, but I think it's a rudimentary features that should exist in Slade.

Thank you.

Re: Better PNAMES manipulation.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:21:07 am »
Deleting a patch is supposed to auto-correct the indices in textures, so that is a bug. Moving patch names up/down in the list is not currently implemented, no. It is a possiblilty for a future version though, however I'm not sure it is a particularly useful feature, especially if you are just using the texture editor (the patch browser can do most of the organisation like sorting/filtering etc.)