Author Topic: Fastest way to assign upper and lower textures?  (Read 344 times)

MichaelLabbe

Fastest way to assign upper and lower textures?
« on: May 18, 2016, 05:47:58 pm »
Efficiency question #1:

I'm wondering if there is a fast way to assign the same texture to upper and lower when they are both missing.  I seem to be repeatedly double clicking
one, entering it, and then the other.

Efficiency question #2:

The other thing I do a lot is create a raised (or lowered) sector which naturally creates a lot of missing textures.  Then I have to manually click on each linedef that has a missing texture sidedef and assign them.

Is there some way to automatically select all errant linedefs so I can skip the manual selection?

Thanks!  I am really enjoying slade.

sirjuddington

Re: Fastest way to assign upper and lower textures?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:29:56 am »
Probably the quickest way to do both of these things is to use 3d mode. For the first you can select both the upper+lower parts with one click each, then right click (or ctrl+t) to select a texture. For the second, aim at one of the missing textures and shift+left click, which will select all adjacent missing textures.

MichaelLabbe

Re: Fastest way to assign upper and lower textures?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 02:47:46 am »
Thanks! Those are both very helpful.  Select all adjacent missing textures is exactly what I wanted.

By the way, I got Slade compiling from github and I'm running it through VS2015's debugger during my map creation.  If I encounter any problems, hopefully that helps me provide very useful diagnostics.