Author Topic: This is it.  (Read 59322 times)

Dr-Clim

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2005, 02:12:33 am »
I completely agree with what you said deathz0r.

The integrated IRC client within zdlauncher has destroyed ZDaemon, along with a few moderators that completely abuse there powers as having op status.

I take it UDM4 isn't coming out anytime soon?

DOOMGUY666

This is it.
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2005, 08:42:36 pm »
Damn, sorry to hear about that deathz0r. I already heard about it actually but I just now got around to reading it on UD.org. Perhaps UD should launch a free deathz0r campaign much similar to the Free Ralphis campaign ;)

Zdaemon is indeed changing, and all I try to keep up with is the gaming aspect. I love doom too much to actually quit zdaemon, so hopefully that day doesn't come for me. The days of Unidoom gaming on zdaemon a lot may be over for a while, but we have already proven ourselves and the great Unidoom Empire is a permanent organization.

deathz0r

Re: .
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2005, 02:29:57 am »
Quote from: Dr-Clim
I take it UDM4 isn't coming out anytime soon?
UDMX was scheduled for a Dec 31st release, but that seems highly unlikely now. I'll say start of March at the latest for the time being though.
Quote from: DOOMGUY666
Perhaps UD should launch a free deathz0r campaign much similar to the Free Ralphis campaign ;)
I don't want to be "freed" from the ZDaemon ban list. I'm no longer interested in ZDaemon until the community finally gets back to an acceptable level of tolerance.

random

This is it.
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2005, 05:55:17 am »
Quote from: Anonymous
lol
-- That's the point :)

Sometimes simple misunderstanding leads to a quarrel.

Anonymous

This is it.
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 01:19:15 pm »
It's a real shame to see that zdaemon has become a victim of it's own succes

enVision

This is it.
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 02:38:11 pm »
Things will never be the same, that is true. However I did not attain my position by sucking anyones dick, I dedicated a lot of my own time to help the project and did not ask for any privledges as they were given to help me do this.

There are so much lies and BS floating around I don't take sides anymore, but do what little I can to provide a good gaming experience. Idiots are present in all communities, they grow in proportion with each other and though the IRC client inside the launcher might seem like a step in the wrong direction it seems to me like it turned a light on and revealed them, not attracted more.

You guys obviously don't agree with with the way ZD is run and have done the right thing by starting a new port. Attacking a community by publically distributing tools though isn't the right thing to do, no matter how much they mighten like it. The people who have made/advertised them know who they are and really.. they need to find a better way to spend their time.

Good luck with the new project anyway.

Dr-Clim

This is it.
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 08:10:01 pm »
Maybe a bring back GSN#03 campaign too ;)
Quote from: DOOMGUY666
Perhaps UD should launch a free deathz0r campaign much similar to the Free Ralphis campaign ;)

Scuba Steve

This is it.
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2005, 07:22:07 am »
Boo Hoo.  Just play Skulltag, it's better.
Glub Glub!

CodeImp

This is it.
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2005, 07:47:28 pm »
Honestly, I think the engine itsself is nice, nothing wrong with it. The staff however, is running the project in immoral and unethical manners. I won't go into details as I don't want to spend (waste?) time making a huge post right now, but I think many of you around here know exactly what I mean. The ZDaemon staff certainly knows, and if they don't, they should ask themselves where their 'enemies' come from then.

We all have issues with one or more staff members from their team. My issues were with several of the core staff members that run the project. But I don't think raider is the only cause of all the issues and not the only one to blame, but since he took over the project (which also included several unethical manners and problems) he is above all admins, moderators and developers and responsible for the problems they cause. One says it's due to raiders cyberlove for certain female ZDaemon user(s), another believes it is due to raiders manners; I honestly don't know what it is, maybe its a mixture of things, but I know I've seen much better times in the multiplayer scene at which I enjoyed being there, working there and playing there.

Meat_wad

This is it.
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2005, 03:18:39 am »
welll i havent been banned from zdaemon in like a month if you guys want ill take a good banning for you if i can wear the Ud tag again......

w@velength

This is it.
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2005, 08:57:32 am »
This program is still around?

I'm quite surprised, considering the management's arrogant, authoritarian "like what we do or get out" attitude. That's not how you quell an angry community.

You say you have a huge player-base. Well, here they are, and they sound angry.

Stumpfucks.

Infurnus

This is it.
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2005, 03:26:46 pm »
Raider is like George Bush, with his "If you don't like it, just LEAVE." attitude.
That is NOT the right attitude for ANYTHING. The point is for Raider to LISTEN to the community, and not give control to corrupt underlings, while not having to worry about anything.

EDIT: Also, I agree with deathz0r about 1.04 and 1.05.
Lightning DeathMatch was originally going to be for Nightfang's Zdaemon 1.05 Special Edition with OpenGL mode, but later on when I told people to get 1.05 Special Edition, they told me that they couldn't see ZD 1.05 SE on the zdaemon page for download anymore. I asked Raider about it and it sounded like he basically denied Zdaemon 1.05 SE had existed. (At least that's what I remember)
Lightning DeathMatch Gold Edition is now being continued for SkullTag.

EDIT: From a log:
* Topic: (http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17177 || no maphacks you communist american, jajajajajaja || Raider: zdaemongl link is dead on main page, did you delete the file?)
* Set by: (Russell) on (Thursday August 14 2003 03:01:54)

* Topic: (Raider: zdaemongl link is dead on main page, did you delete the file? || ZDaemonGL is a piece if shit and should never have been released in the first place.)
* Set by: (_Raider_) on (Friday August 15 2003 15:29:01)

[fixed formatting from time machine]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:18:27 am by Infurnus »
what

Kristus

This is it.
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2005, 05:39:55 pm »
Quote from: Scuba Steve
Touch me in a funny way.

DD_133

This is it.
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2005, 06:29:48 pm »
Quote from: CodeImp
Honestly, I think the engine itsself is nice, nothing wrong with it. The staff however, is running the project in immoral and unethical manners.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Although I myself had problems with the developers many times prior to 1.07, that version had tipped me over the top. I, unlike deathz0r, do not mind the integration of IRC into the zdaemon client, weither I use that or IDE, but what I found was the biggest fault is in two parts. One, they introduce half-baked code to supposedly imitate another game's code, which was again derived from a MODIFICATION to THAT game, resulting in a twice removed half finished netcoding. Developers ignored me until I decided to go on the offensive in the forums, but what did I get? Emo bullshit. Oh well, one always has other ports, but at this point in time, zdaemon's administration needs a new meaning. It holds none right now, except for the fact to just keep breaking the pure potential the source port has, or had, depending on how you look at it. Though I was not around for the 1.05 or 1.04 versions of Zdaemon, I trust that it, at least, was being driven in a better way. Perhaps this entire situation is an omen of things to come?

Cheers to deathz0r and the rest of Unidoom!

AceOfSpades

This is it.
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2005, 10:35:26 pm »
Quote from: Kristus
Quote from: Scuba Steve

Skulltag's great if you're not interested in a game of Doom.