Author Topic: This is it.  (Read 63028 times)

Scuba Steve

This is it.
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2005, 01:03:29 am »
Then set up a skulltag server to play exactly like Classic Doom... no mouselook or whatever crap you want.  Skulltag is really the only Client Server exe that matters.
Glub Glub!

Anonymous

This is it.
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2005, 03:12:35 am »
Quote from: Infurnus
That is NOT the right attitude for ANYTHING. The point is for Raider to LISTEN to the community, and not give control to his underlings, while not having to worry about anything.

Wrong.  The correct way to run a project is to have a vision of what you're trying to accomplish, and accomplish it.  If the community disagrees, let them leave.  This doesnt mean ignore the community in terms of balance changes to the exisitng formula, but taking the project in every direction the community wishes.

Raider wants ZDaemon to be a community driven Doom game, family friendly entertainment and intertwined everything.  The problem is that he turned ZDaemon around from where it was going (who konws) to the current path.  Along the way, he pissed off pretty much everyone who was in the older community while catering to the crowd where he knew he could get new players from, people he found friendly and got along with.  He essentially swept the rug out from older players.

Asking him to change ZDaemon back to the way it was before he took over would be like asking us to make UDM4 like YOU guys wanted it.  Screw you guys, we will make UDM4 how WE want.

The only problem is that the older players now have nowehre to go.  They became disenfranchised with ZDaemon,  but Skulltags mentality is defeniatly more catered to skulltag-type maps and such.  So now they're in the exact same position they were a few years ago, with no good way to play a good ol' game of Doom in an environment that isn't hostile to them.

AlexMax

This is it.
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2005, 03:13:27 am »
That was me in the previous post, by the way.

Danarchy

This is it.
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2005, 10:57:04 pm »
Skulltag is just infinitely better than ZDaemon anyway.  Well, as long as you stay away from InstaGib servers.

Russell

This is it.
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2006, 09:41:41 am »
I play with my joystick, uh huh huh huh

AlexMax

This is it.
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2006, 05:24:25 am »
Quote from: CodeImp
The staff however, is running the project in immoral and unethical manners.

What do you call hijacking Skulltag Online to run a DDoS on ZDaemon master servers, then?  Two wrongs don't make a right, CodeImp.

julz_d

This is it.
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2006, 09:04:37 pm »
Deathz0r: I read in this article that you only unlocked "A" topic.  But I have also heard from other ppl that you unlocked "quite a few topics".  I'm not really a big supporter of locking topics, unless you get something like the time someone posted a closeup of a fat-ass spewing out diahreaha everywhere on my forums.  So whats really going on here...?

I would also like to note that it isn't impossible for even non-admins to make changes in the Zdaemon community.  I remember back when I first released jdit(jditxe) back in the day.  At that time about half the community and especially the administration was anti-newskool.  No one wanted anything to do with newskool.  Well, I fought and I fought for months, and went through all sorts of arguments, discussions, and problems such as bans.  I would regularly be involved in intense debates with various administrators.  But I have to hand it to you Deathz0r: If it wasn't for you, I may have never been unbanned in the first place.

I look around today, and believe it or not I see a big change in the community.  Newskool is booming compared to what it used to be, with tons of maps by various authors including CyberShark and Millian.  Hell, we even have newskool tourneys!  All I'm trying to say is that some times things may seem impossible, when it is merely an illision of our own imagination.  I wish you all the best, and hope to see your problems resolved in the near future.

deathz0r

This is it.
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 09:27:31 pm »
Quote from: julz_d
Deathz0r: I read in this article that you only unlocked "A" topic.  But I have also heard from other ppl that you unlocked "quite a few topics".
I've unlocked two topics in my entire stint as a ZDaemon forum moderator, and the period between those two topics was well over three months. Anyone else who says otherwise is talking shit.

julz_d

This is it.
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2006, 07:54:07 am »
Ill take your word for it

CodeImp

This is it.
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2006, 08:35:26 am »
Quote from: AlexMax
Quote from: CodeImp
The staff however, is running the project in immoral and unethical manners.

What do you call hijacking Skulltag Online to run a DDoS on ZDaemon master servers, then?  Two wrongs don't make a right, CodeImp.

You can't say that, that is a reaction upon an action. If the action didn't happen, neither did the reation. If zdaemon didn't cause any trouble to us, I would never have caused trouble upon them. And neither would this discussion be here either.

GhostlyDeath (Inactive?)

This is it.
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2006, 09:25:52 am »
Quote from: Scuba Steve
Then set up a skulltag server to play exactly like Classic Doom... no mouselook or whatever crap you want.  Skulltag is really the only Client Server exe that matters.

There are bad apsects to the Skulltag Old School Settings, If you would want Skulltag to duplicate everything about EXE then you would have to have a waiting room (since you can come and go, you have to come and wait then go, then go later on) and no limits on stuff.

=P

Re: This is it.
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 04:57:47 am »
One says it's due to raiders cyberlove for certain female ZDaemon user(s),

I heard something about this. Could anyone care to tell me more? =P

/

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 11:19:08 am »
Funny shit..  I've noticed the good ol players are playing less and less as time passes...
And the perfect example of the mod/op problem can be described in one perfect example: Af-Domains...

deathz0r

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 07:12:04 pm »
I heard something about this. Could anyone care to tell me more? =P
Whatever is white trash, that's all I have to say. I mean, don't you think something's up when you ban someone from #zdplayers for justified reasons, and they get unbanned twenty minutes later?

Yeah, great community.

Quote from:  Scave
I find it funny that he's probably the only person with this privilege who is also permanently banned.
I don't think Raider made an effort to mention that I was banned in the first place. My stickies from the ZDaemon forums are still there, stickied. Nobody has bothered making replacements for any of them. I think they want to keep them there to make people presume that I'm not banned.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 07:14:35 pm by deathz0r »

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2006, 12:29:04 am »
I'll make this post as concise as possible; I've been pissed off towards the ZDaemon community ever since my forum moderator status was removed because I had unlocked a topic. That's right, I unlocked a topic and I lost my super moderator status entirely.
Being stripped of power just for one unlocked topic? Never heard of such bullshit. What was this topic that they wanted to keep locked away?