Author Topic: This is it.  (Read 59323 times)

Manc

Re: This is it.
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2006, 10:05:59 pm »
Its real shame Bill that you dont go on zdaemon anymore for such a trivial thing as that. On the plus side whatever doesnt go on zdaemon that much anymore.
Is there any particular reason for that?
Network Administrator, and I smash robuts!

Shakal

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2006, 05:14:24 pm »
Ever since morons like sonya and gluttony showed up in zdaemon I have stayed away from irc so I wouldnt know.

deathz0r

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2006, 09:02:54 pm »
I read that Codeimp Server Fix thread and to be quite frank, I find it ironic that I got permbanned by Kilgore for being friends with Codeimp and being in the same private channel as him. Like Manc said in that thread, it seems like the ZDaemon staff are notorious for filling in gaps without making any kind of research or evidence to prove fault.

I got this PM while I was sleeping a few days before I was banned:

Dec 21 04:22:58 <Kilgore> i just want you to know something
Dec 21 04:22:59 <Kilgore> up till some time ago, i had some respect for you
Dec 21 04:23:01 <Kilgore> unfortunately, this has dissipated with your involvement with aza
Dec 21 04:23:12 <Kilgore> so don't even bother approaching me or anyone who is friendly to me about anything
Dec 21 04:23:22 <Kilgore> i don't care about your beef with raider
Dec 21 04:23:36 <Kilgore> this shit is hitting zdaemon and it's hitting me personally
Dec 21 04:23:41 <Kilgore> and that's as personal as it gets

Tis a shame I never had a beef with Raider and that I had no involvement with #aza other than being idle in there, it was just presumed by the almighty dev.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 09:05:44 pm by deathz0r »

Russell

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2006, 09:10:43 pm »
When people assume, they make an ass out of u and me

Manc

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2006, 09:17:11 pm »
Like Manc said in that thread, it seems like the ZDaemon staff are notorious for filling in gaps without making any kind of research or evidence to prove fault.
I wasn't referring to zdaemon staff, but rather the zdaemon community members in general, if I'm thinking of the same thing you are.
Network Administrator, and I smash robuts!

Ant P

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2006, 09:28:24 pm »
I just read the ZD forums for half an hour (because I'm bored out of my mind).

There I realised that no source code isn't the problem at all. The problem is that ZDaemon is basically Doom AOL.

deathz0r

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2006, 09:36:26 pm »
I wasn't referring to zdaemon staff, but rather the zdaemon community members in general, if I'm thinking of the same thing you are.
Yeah, you are right actually. But I still talk to a majority of ZDaemon users that I talked with pre-ban.

anony

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2006, 10:56:35 pm »
deathz0rThe purpose of the channel was a mere joke between myself, Aurelian, Shockwav3 and CodeImp where we'd screw around and make stupid things that nobody would probably see. A few people would join and they'd have a good laugh as well.

And a few pages later. . .

deathz0r:I had no involvement with #aza other than being idle in there, it was just presumed by the almighty dev.

So . . . which one is it, deathz0r? It doesn't take an english degree to see that those two quotes are mutually contradictory. What's the point of glossing over the truth in this thread? Those who like you will continue to like you, regardless, just as those who don't will continue not to. ;0

I think we can all agree that kilgore has tendancy to "shoot first" and greviously overreact - hence the anonymous post - but at least he's not given to spweing outright bullshit.

deathz0r

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2006, 01:07:29 am »
It's not contradictory, just an omission of a few words and/or sentences in the second quote.

That one is referring to the time period when Codeimp had figured out how to cheat the experience points system the first time, the global ban exploit and got the LG site changed to his verbal attack on ZDaemon (and his reference to #aza). Kilgore believed I was involved with the exploits, yet the only thing he could really accuse me of was being inside the channel.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 01:09:13 am by deathz0r »

izm

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2006, 06:59:19 pm »
Hello all!

I've just started to come back into mapping/doom etc and was wondering what is going on! Zdaemon seemed very quiet, and if it sucks like this post suggests, where can I map? :''''( (etc).

Thanks.

DarkRevenge

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2006, 11:15:28 pm »
www.skulltag.com

10x better than ZD.

Ant P

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2006, 11:42:34 pm »
And here's a few doom/non-doom FPSes that don't force the developer's choice of OS onto the users:

http://doomsdayhq.com
http://prboom.sourceforge.net
http://nexuiz.com
http://sauerbraten.org

I've never been able to find a working map editor for Nexuiz though.

DarkRevenge

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2006, 11:48:55 pm »
http://sauerbraten.org
The old version of Sauerbraten has more players online and a bigger community.
www.cubeengine.com

They are nearly the same, Sauerbraten just has some subtle differences.

Ant P

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2006, 11:55:34 pm »
Sauerbraten is proper 3D whereas Cube is 2.5D, with most of the limits Doom's 2.5D has.

Also, Cube has security exploits.

DarkRevenge

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2006, 12:24:19 am »
oh yeah, heh forgot about that. some fag replaced all his maps with a huge flag one. He then just grabbed a rifle and started sniping us down. I havent seen him in a while tho.