Author Topic: WHOA WTF  (Read 29952 times)

Manc

WHOA WTF
« on: February 09, 2006, 05:52:03 am »
Yeah I broke down and finally ditched that phpbb garbage.  Too many bunk accounts and problems with a template I just didn't want to hack up anymore.  I recently fell in love with the SMF software so I decided to convert!  If you're having a problem logging in (no one should, all members converted), you can send me an email.

So yeah, I'm trying to ressurect these boards before they crumbled apart.  Along with new forums and hosted subversion respositories, I'm going to give mancunet a facelift to bring it back out of the darkness.  Now that MancuNET's focus has recentered on doomish related items, expect to see some more doominess throughout the mancunet services!
Network Administrator, and I smash robuts!

Bloodshedder

Re: WHOA WTF
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 06:00:52 am »
Yay hooray!

Looks pretty spiffy. Maybe the ZDoom forums will actually switch to SMF too (it's under consideration).

EDIT: I was wondering why the times were all odd. Then I noticed my time offset should be +1 from Central, and not -5 from GMT. Will the board time stay on Central or be placed on GMT?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 06:02:46 am by Bloodshedder »

Manc

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 06:05:45 am »
Hm, the board will probably move to pacific since that's where it's actually located.  But maybe it should go to GMT?  What do you think?

Bloodshedder

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 06:42:35 am »
Well...

In most boards I've seen, the "time offset" function is specified as the hours of separation from GMT. But the default time setting after someone just registers might be either GMT, or it might be the server's local time. Honestly, I think GMT should be the default time, and the offset should be measured from it.

leileilol

• Is he a boy? Is he a girl? We just don't know!
  • NIHAO
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 08:01:52 am »
SMF?  have fun with more unneccessary queries
unidoom more like unifur
"Despite being a certified genius (166 IQ), " - fucking furry whos gullible enuf to fall for spambots

deathz0r

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 09:07:40 am »
Obligatory WTF comment

Not towards Cheapy, just the thread title.

DOOM Anomaly

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 08:21:55 pm »
It's all pretty-like and such. :D  (Not that it wasn't pretty before.)

sargebaldy

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 08:36:21 pm »
Hmm. I like the new software. Don't like the color theme as much as the old though. All the white kind of hurts my eyes.

Manc

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 08:57:24 pm »
SMF?  have fun with more unneccessary queries
what the hell do I care?  A few more queries doesn't hurt anything.  I've come to realize that phpbb is shite, and given the niceness of this software in terms of features and ease of use combined with better security and less chance of stupid automated registrations, I'll take "unnecessary queries".  If you can prove that it actually isn't worth it I'll be glad to hear it.

Hmm. I like the new software. Don't like the color theme as much as the old though. All the white kind of hurts my eyes.
  Theme is one of the two included.  I'll be customizing it up soon enough.

AgentSpork

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 05:36:35 am »
Good news, Manc! Good to see MancuNET a bit more active. Forums look nice as well. :D

Manc

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 08:23:58 pm »
The slade, zdoomgl and unidoom boards are usually pretty active, but there's more junk on here than active stuff.  I'm going to be dumping a few things here when I customize the look.

sirjuddington

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 10:18:50 pm »
Actually the zdoomgl forums have had pretty much no activity for a long time now. Although recently timmie posted at the zdoomgl dev forums about progress with zdoomgl v2, so it might come to life again eventually :P

Manc

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 04:25:28 pm »
Ok so no activity this year, but it's still counts as an active board in my book.

I've removed several items now and the boards are looking a bit leaner already!

Psycho Siggi

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 08:38:42 pm »
I'm liking the new forum software.
Creativity: Knowing what to do with bad ideas.

AlexMax

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 12:58:27 am »
heh