Author Topic: Word on the grapevine  (Read 74386 times)

DevastatioN

Re: Word on the grapevine
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 01:35:59 am »
Why do they deserve to have their PC's?

Cheating is an all time low, done by dirty bastards that most likely shouldn't even be touching a computer, it's an all time lower for the person.  Personally, destroying every cheaters PC would be a dream, they don't deserve the equipment they have, they can do something better with their lives.

Ant P

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 01:37:39 am »
Curiosity killed the cat.
Or in this case, the userbase.

DevastatioN

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 01:39:04 am »
Downloading out of curiosity only shows your weak mindedness, also, if you're that stupid to download the virus one, you should be shot, causey our IQ has to be below 90.  It was so obvious it wasn't even funny, I don't believe people fell for it to be honest, the people should lose their PC stuff jst because they're too stupid to deserve it.

Ant P

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 01:43:16 am »
Who, other than you, said I downloaded it?

You're just creating that assumption to launch a string of ad-hominem name-calling. You're the weak-minded one.

DevastatioN

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 01:49:06 am »
If you re-read my post I never said that u specifically downloaded, I guess I should restate that for people who don't understand.  "*IF* you downloaded it, *THEN* it shows you are weakminded"  The definition of an if statement... if you DIDN'T download it, then it does NOT imply that you are weakminded.  It was meant to anyone who downloaded out of curiosity, not neccesarily you, and I do not believe you downloaded it btw.

Ant P

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 01:57:40 am »
Then forget that last post.

I'd be interested to find out how many of the ZDaemon forum mods downloaded and ran this program, since I recall at least one or two publically admitting to using Codeimp's aimbot - out of curiosity.

Or maybe they didn't this time, since they were in on the conspiracy too?

Manc

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 02:08:37 am »
Until they commit the act of cheating they are perfectly within their rights to download whatever they please.  Even if they found out it really was an aimbot they may not have even used it more than a few seconds.  They may not even have ran it at all.  Until they do, they are not violating any agreement they made when they downloaded zdaemon.  The fact that it is reported to delete their iwad means it's maliciously removing purchased software (or presumed to be so).  If it was a fake aimbot that reported their ip even THAT would be (a stretch) within their juristiction.  The fact that it would delete any files, especially commercial iwads it has no direct connection with (reportedly), makes it as bad if not worse than anything codeimp did.  Codeimp's stuff never deleted your files. 

Network Administrator, and I smash robuts!

deathz0r

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 02:15:08 am »
<deathz0r>The "fake aimbot" makes duplicates of itself using filenames like explorer.exe and aim.exe and installs itself to run at startup by adding registry keys. The program also reports your ZDaemon username and password back to the ZDaemon staff, and deletes various ZDaemon files and IWADs, such as zdoom.ini and doom2.wad.
I was going to the edit the original post and add this in, but I guess Naut decided it was best to leak it from IRC. He had originally censored my name, which I had removed.

I want to make this known that the "ZDaemon traitor" unveiled something that will very much question the ethical actions of ZDaemon staff.

Guess this is a better reaction to my permanent ban than my drama post I made when I found out I was banned.

CodeImp

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 02:18:54 am »
Until they commit the act of cheating they are perfectly within their rights to download whatever they please. Even if they found out it really was an aimbot they may not have even used it more than a few seconds. They may not even have ran it at all. Until they do, they are not violating any agreement they made when they downloaded zdaemon. The fact that it is reported to delete their iwad means it's maliciously removing purchased software (or presumed to be so). If it was a fake aimbot that reported their ip even THAT would be (a stretch) within their juristiction. The fact that it would delete any files, especially commercial iwads it has no direct connection with (reportedly), makes it as bad if not worse than anything codeimp did. Codeimp's stuff never deleted your files.
In fact, my stuff was accuractly targeted at ZDaemon for the (now very obvious) reasons. But I think my stuff is somewhat offtopic here. Now that this fake ZDaemon client has been examined more thoroughly, it seems it certainly does qualify as a trojan or virus. Deleting files, spreading through your computer, uploading your login information, what more harmfull things can a program do?

Edit:
Oh and lets see how long it takes before the ZDaemon comes up with some message denying all this :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 02:25:52 am by CodeImp »

deathz0r

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 02:23:57 am »
Don't forget that it was made by a ZDaemon staff member, most likely with the authorisation with Raider (at the very least, authorisation with Kilgore). Talk about taking the "security by obscurity" approach up by a few extra notches.

Edit:
Oh and lets see how long it takes before the ZDaemon comes up with some message denying all this :P
It's what I call a ZDaemon Administrative Decision - Ignore it or threaten it away! =P

DevastatioN

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 02:57:33 am »
Raider did NOT give authorization of this, and I doubt the other staff knew about it til it was already done.

I was talking with Kilgore at the time I seen this, and I was laughing at it actually, how the cheaters were about to get what they deserved, and he thought that *I* did it, he was very unaware at the time.  If you think ZDaemon staff authorized it, your dead wrong.

deathz0r

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 03:04:15 am »
Mar 10 08:08:50 <Baky> wtf im banned on Zlauncher :)
Mar 10 08:09:40 <deathz0r> that's your oppurtunity to stop using it!
Mar 10 08:10:01 <Baky> i dont using "it"
Mar 10 08:10:19 <Baky> i only download cheat by kilgore
Mar 10 08:10:33 <deathz0r> cheat by kilgore?
Mar 10 08:10:46 <Baky> yes
Mar 10 08:10:54 <deathz0r> care to go into more detail?
Mar 10 08:11:20 <Baky> 1) install it 2) banned automatically

Something tells me Kilgore was well aware of the program. If he had any guts, he'd post here and prove otherwise.

Or of course, he could make a ZAD.

CodeImp

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 03:11:57 am »
banned automatically?! they thought their bans list was not long enough already? hahaha!

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 03:15:56 am »
Raider did NOT give authorization of this, and I doubt the other staff knew about it til it was already done.

I was talking with Kilgore at the time I seen this, and I was laughing at it actually, how the cheaters were about to get what they deserved, and he thought that *I* did it, he was very unaware at the time.  If you think ZDaemon staff authorized it, your dead wrong.

Dude get off ZDaemon's cock. They have brainwashed you so bad.  You have become a sheep. Blindly believe all of the lies.

heh
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 03:19:47 am »
HEH drama