Author Topic: Word on the grapevine  (Read 74384 times)

leileilol

• Is he a boy? Is he a girl? We just don't know!
  • NIHAO
Re: Word on the grapevine
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2006, 04:06:42 am »
Can't stop the cheaters by improving zdaemon? Attack their computer without knowledge.

That's only a dubya solution (OMG POLITICS)

unidoom more like unifur
"Despite being a certified genius (166 IQ), " - fucking furry whos gullible enuf to fall for spambots

Ralphis

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2006, 06:15:52 am »
I think most of this has been out in the open since last year. The fact that the entire team is unethical is not some type of ground breaking news is it?

ZDaemon is slowing being killed by its own dev team. Good riddance.

For once, I'd like to see some of their team come over here and try and shed some light on this without posting under an anonymous nickname.

Don't worry, we aren't like you. We won't deactivate your accounts or ban you because we don't like what you said. I promise.

AlexMax

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2006, 07:11:37 am »
Two wrongs don't make a right, ZDaemon team.  You're trying to cut down on cheating, which is admirable.  However, by doing so with what is essentially a trojan horse, you're on the EXACT SAME level that Codeimp was, by providing something that claims to do one thing but does something malicious to a users compuer (or in Codeimp's case, someone elses computer.  Whatever.)

In reality, your program deleted ZDaemon.  Fine.  But that's only the stuff people figured out.  What else did you put on people's computers?  What if your pogram accidently did MORE than it was supposed to.  Reguardless of whatever intentions you had, the fact that you deleted files on a users computer under false pretenses is unethical.  You manipulative, untrustworthy slime.

Of course, this is something that has not affected me directly, just as the number of other things that you've done to other people that somehow miss me.  I didn't even know of the "cheat"'s existance until I found this thread.  However, you do realize that the singular reason why I and many other people continue to use ZDaemon is for logistical reasons (more players) instead of idealogical ones.  And beleive me, if there was a decent alternative, I, and probably half your damn userbase, not to mention the dozens of people you've disenfranchised along the way to your nanny state of a community, would switch so fast it would make your head spin.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:17:36 am by AlexMax »

Kristus

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2006, 07:42:54 am »
Too much drama.
Touch me in a funny way.

Russell

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2006, 08:03:26 am »
I miss the old days :(

next thing they'll be doing is writing a virus that asks for credit card numbers before playing zdaemon

Ant P

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2006, 08:28:52 am »
Raider did NOT give authorization of this, and I doubt the other staff knew about it til it was already done.

I was talking with Kilgore at the time I seen this, and I was laughing at it actually, how the cheaters were about to get what they deserved, and he thought that *I* did it, he was very unaware at the time.  If you think ZDaemon staff authorized it, your dead wrong.

So if the staff had nothing to do with it, explain how it's possible for people to get autobanned on the master server just by running it.

Russell

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2006, 08:31:02 am »
You guys should send an email to him, just to see what his response is.

Doom2pro

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2006, 08:32:12 am »
Trojan Horse? Uhh, do you guys even know what a Trojan Does? I think a more fitting word for this is "Punk Buster" and if you got a problem with Punk Busters then your probably a lame cheater or lack a simple understanding of Common Sense.

Dev is right, I could have made it worse, but I didnt, I chose to delete files that could easily be replaced, and as for it copying itself, hell half the spywhere out there does the exact same thing, that hardly qualifies it as a "Trojan". It's sole purpose was to make it risky to download any cheats, and it was placed in the fourms of a popular cheating website, in a thread about a zdeaemon cheat - nowhere else.

The only information I send back is Username and Password to verify it's authenticity.

Right now the only Drama I see is a bunch of Outcasts overeacting and ridiculous conspiracy theories. Grow up guys, your an embarrassment to yourselfs and anyone associated with you.

And to think we would do anything like this to our normal users is simply retarded thinking. Coming from a bunch of morons linked to Codeimp who attacked our service on many occasions is ironic to say the least.

Doom2pro

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2006, 08:39:31 am »
So if the staff had nothing to do with it, explain how it's possible for people to get autobanned on the master server just by running it.

They dont get "Auto Banned"... and I'm not about to divulge how we go about banning people because it's simply none of your business, but no, you dont get automatically banned by running it, it simply adds your account information to a (growing) list of users. We then use that information in the future to determine whether or not a ban is needed.

You guys think you know so much about how we run things but you dont. Alot more thought goes into a ban than you might think.

Doom2pro

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2006, 08:49:02 am »
Ohh Grow up Alex, your one to talk about Trust, if memory serves me Doom Builder was used to perform a Denial of Service attack on ZDaemon and if I'm correct you still use that, and to think that we would put anything like that into our releases is stupid.

Your trying to link a Punk Buster to Trojan and make it look like we are capable of adding Viruses to Offical Releases, based on a bunch of rumors by morons who think Anti Cheating Software is the same thing as a Trojan.

One word, Retarded.

Doom2pro

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 08:50:49 am »
I think most of this has been out in the open since last year. The fact that the entire team is unethical is not some type of ground breaking news is it?

ZDaemon is slowing being killed by its own dev team. Good riddance.

For once, I'd like to see some of their team come over here and try and shed some light on this without posting under an anonymous nickname.

Don't worry, we aren't like you. We won't deactivate your accounts or ban you because we don't like what you said. I promise.

Actually, ZDaemon has grown recently, we have more users than ever before, more servers than ever before, and ironicly this started after we rid the community of people like YOU!

Doom2pro

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 08:53:20 am »
Can't stop the cheaters by improving zdaemon? Attack their computer without knowledge.

That's only a dubya solution (OMG POLITICS)

Since when does deleting ZDaemon and Doom related files classify as an "Attack" ?

And do you honestly think we would warn them beforehand!!?!?! Ahahahaha

"Warning: You are about to be reported as a potential cheater! if you proceed ZDaemon and all Doom Related files will be deleted!"

Doom2pro

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 08:57:03 am »
Don't forget that it was made by a ZDaemon staff member, most likely with the authorisation with Raider (at the very least, authorisation with Kilgore). Talk about taking the "security by obscurity" approach up by a few extra notches.
It's what I call a ZDaemon Administrative Decision - Ignore it or threaten it away! =P

Wrong, I did this on my own, and besides it's not like we posted the URL on the main website!

The only way you could possibly download this cheat is if you knew what it claimed to be (a cheat) and had every intention of doing so.

In my book that at least warrents future scrutiny and at most an annoying side effect (doom related file removal).

And Raider said afterwards that he would have not removed any files, simple reporting would have been better.

AlexMax

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 09:04:53 am »
In response to Doom2pro, your memory serves you incorrectly.  The thing that attacked ZDaemon was Skulltag Online, a descendant of Doom Connector.  This does not prevent me from being morally opposed to Codeimp, but I continue to use Doom Builder because there are no better alternatives.

And also, your assertment that getting rid of a good number of people the administration took a dim view of increased the player base is a logical falicy, though one that you're doubtless eager to embrace.  Correlation does not equal causality.

Doom2pro

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 09:08:15 am »
I'm talking about dipshits like Ralphis, yes he is a dipshit.

And if you notice I used the word Ironicly...

btw these forums suck this is the second time my posts have been blanked by adding a quote.