Author Topic: Word on the grapevine  (Read 71311 times)

DarkRevenge

Re: Meh.
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2006, 01:31:39 am »
Hey deathz0r, you are so desperate to get back at kilgore aren't you.
If you have been outcast out of the zdaemon community, why should you care what is happening.
If I were deathz0r, I would be GLAD to be outcasted from the community. It would keep me from ever going back to it again for one reason or another.
What doom2pro did was excellent, it wasn't as if he spammed the link in every forum, he put it in one forum, one forum which is full of cheating bastards.
No, it wasn't excellent. It was illegal, as it most of the other stuff ZDaemon does, such as the fact of download Doom2.wad through getwad.
Feel free to send me hate mail.
I wouldn't bother, a little faggot like you doesn't deserve e-mail.

Russell

« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2006, 01:33:20 am »
Hey deathz0r, you are so desperate to get back at kilgore aren't you.

before you start making assumptions (oh sorry, you already have), read the entire thread

What doom2pro did was excellent, it wasn't as if he spammed the link in every forum, he put it in one forum, one forum which is full of cheating bastards.

what he did do was not excellent, it was more or less illegal, even if they were cheating, it still doesn't matter.

your,advize

your english and do not know how to spell, I'd expect more from a brit.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 01:35:27 am by Russell »

Ant P

Re: Word on the grapevine
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2006, 02:18:42 am »
I have no response other than this link.

exp(x)

« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2006, 09:19:36 am »
ST is totally broken. All I get from it is a DirectX error message.
Download dinput.dll and put it in your skulltag directory. Launch winecfg and add a library override for dinput. It should work now assuming you have a recent version of wine. Everything seems to work except joining servers (which kind of defeats the purpose of using skulltag unless you like the bots).

izm

« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2006, 12:23:15 pm »
Actually, seeing as I can't edit my own post, let me say that not all 13 year olds in Zdaemon are that bad. Humanbones is probably one of the most mature people there, and he is only in his early teens.

My boss always told me that if you asslick your way to the top, you will be shit at your job. Sums ZDaemon up. ;)

Ant P

« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2006, 02:07:21 pm »
Download dinput.dll and put it in your skulltag directory. Launch winecfg and add a library override for dinput. It should work now assuming you have a recent version of wine. Everything seems to work except joining servers (which kind of defeats the purpose of using skulltag unless you like the bots).
omfg, zdoomgl works

nitus

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2006, 12:49:49 am »
Ant P: I'm glad something works for you - must suck having so few options, even if it's your own fault for using linux. ;p

Ralphis, AlexMax - You must realize that a lot of your beef is purely perceptual. Back in the early days of ZDaemon, it was a much smaller community, but it was also new and fresh. As for your perception of the way things are there now, well - again, that's entirely subjective.

I'm not an admin, or a wannabe, or even a part of any clique there - I leaped into this thread with a rant or two merely on impulse. I log in, chat a bit, play a bit, and that's about all. And if you approach the community on that basis, more or less ignoring the admins and the backroom intrigue, what you see is a very different facet of the place. It's a shame that none of you ever tried that, simply playing the game, when you had the chance.

RE iwads on getwad - the ZDaemon admins don't encourage placing the iwads there. Over the last few years, I've tried it off and on, and it's a fact that during the last few years, the iwads have not been available on getwad more often then they have been there. Probably at least 70% of the last two years, they haven't been on there.

True, they're on there right at this minute. But they're not actively maintained on there by ZDaemon. I suppose you could argue that a filtering capability could easily be added to getwad to prevent them from appearing on there, but I prefer to focus on the fact that not a one of you expressed any problem with it when you were in the community. This forces me to wonder whether you're really interested in crusading for a decade+ old datafile, or if it's just another point you can target against the ZDaemon team.

deathz0r

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2006, 01:04:17 am »
Whiny emo babble
You're just pissed off because I didn't like your map.
If I were deathz0r, I would be GLAD to be outcasted from the community. It would keep me from ever going back to it again for one reason or another.
You read my mind so damn brilliantly.
Back in the early days of ZDaemon, it was a much smaller community, but it was also new and fresh.
One thing I liked about the early days of ZDaemon is that there was no administration at all. People could go about doing whatever they wanted without fear of intervention. That is the community some of us grown up in, and maybe some of us still prefer it that way.
I'm not an admin, or a wannabe, or even a part of any clique there - I leaped into this thread with a rant or two merely on impulse. I log in, chat a bit, play a bit, and that's about all. And if you approach the community on that basis, more or less ignoring the admins and the backroom intrigue, what you see is a very different facet of the place. It's a shame that none of you ever tried that, simply playing the game, when you had the chance.
I think I've said this already in this thread, but I'll say it again:

Once you get involved with the ZDaemon community, the only way out is to get banned.

Ralphis

« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2006, 05:21:26 am »
Actually, seeing as I can't edit my own post, let me say that not all 13 year olds in Zdaemon are that bad. Humanbones is probably one of the most mature people there, and he is only in his early teens.

My boss always told me that if you asslick your way to the top, you will be shit at your job. Sums ZDaemon up. ;)

Why don't you just register already.

Also, is it any surprise that Bones is in UD?

Ralphis, AlexMax - You must realize that a lot of your beef is purely perceptual. Back in the early days of ZDaemon, it was a much smaller community, but it was also new and fresh. As for your perception of the way things are there now, well - again, that's entirely subjective.

RE iwads on getwad - the ZDaemon admins don't encourage placing the iwads there. Over the last few years, I've tried it off and on, and it's a fact that during the last few years, the iwads have not been available on getwad more often then they have been there. Probably at least 70% of the last two years, they haven't been on there.

True, they're on there right at this minute. But they're not actively maintained on there by ZDaemon. I suppose you could argue that a filtering capability could easily be added to getwad to prevent them from appearing on there, but I prefer to focus on the fact that not a one of you expressed any problem with it when you were in the community. This forces me to wonder whether you're really interested in crusading for a decade+ old datafile, or if it's just another point you can target against the ZDaemon team.

AHEM.

First off, if everyone only played the game these things that you love wouldn't exist. Boom, Zdoom, CSdoom, ZDaemon. Your progression would not have happened if people just played without getting involved. Someone has to do it and some want to do it to preserve the game they love.

As deathz0r stated, we went years without intervention from any sort of "administration". It may have a belonging in the ZDaemon community, but it won't have any belonging to the rest of us and that is why we all left (amongst other bull). Allow me to remind you that I did not leave after I was banned. I am NOT banned and I choose not to play much like many of my brethren.

And don't go throwing around assumptions that I didn't have a problem with getwad downloading IWads when I was considered a moderator there. I did. It went ignored and it probably couldn't even be remembered by anybody because of it. I can assure you it was mentioned MULTIPLE times. Their thirst for new players is not a reason why it should even go unignored now. It was illegal, is illegal, and always WILL be illegal.

Anything else?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 05:26:28 am by Ralphis »

Ant P

« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2006, 04:16:46 pm »
Ant P: I'm glad something works for you - must suck having so few options, even if it's your own fault for using linux. ;p

UT2004 works fine - out of the box. As do Doom 3/Quake 4. Not counting Nexuiz, Quake 1-3 and more FPSes than I'll ever have time to play.

Must suck having so little free resources for games, after installing all the antivirus bloat, and the antispyware crap, and the service packs, and the dozen or so patches on every Black Tuesday. And even with all that bringing the system to its knees, I bet you'll have fun knowing there's yet another goatse hole in your PC that won't get fixed till a fortnight from now...

exp(x)

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2006, 09:06:04 pm »
Must suck having so little free resources for games, after installing all the antivirus bloat, and the antispyware crap, and the service packs, and the dozen or so patches on every Black Tuesday. And even with all that bringing the system to its knees, I bet you'll have fun knowing there's yet another goatse hole in your PC that won't get fixed till a fortnight from now...

Word.

nitus

« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2006, 11:57:56 pm »

An even better solution, which doesn't consume resources, is to not be an idiot and simply avoid loading viruses and trojans. ;p

Anything else?

As a matter of fact, yes.

I demand to know why Quantum Leap is not in syndication.

John

« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2006, 05:45:47 am »
Because Sam Beckett is out farting around in some beat up old junker of a space ship, that's why.